Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pizza Crust - 04 14 11

I tackled another Bucket List item - pizza crust!  I love the idea of making everything from scratch.  While trying to eat simply, healthy, and on a budget I decided to make a pizza crust.  With Kristen in town, I prepared the pizza crust and pizza sauce on a Wednesday night.  When she arrived Thursday, all we had to do was assemble and bake.  And, it turned out quite good! 

Sources:
Pizza Crust: The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Pizza Sauce: Annie's Eats

Kristen and I made a veggie pizza with lots of cheese!  We had green peppers, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and onions.  For a time and wallet saver - I purchased the items from the salad bar at a local grocery store.  I think I got all the veggie toppings for under $2.00!

Let me know what kind of pizza is your favorite - I have another crust and batch of sauce in my freezer.

Enjoy!
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea (and budget friendly idea) to get veggies from the salad bar - especially the artichokes, I loved those on the pizza!

    ReplyDelete