Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter Stollen - 04 22 11

Another one off the Bucket List! 

I decided to make a Stollen using rum soaked fruit, almonds, and orange and lemon extract.  I took it to my Grandpa's house for Easter and he especially enjoyed it!  (He even said it was better than the Martin's kind).  I definitely need to work on my shaping (it was supposed to look like a blanket in a manger but after the 2nd rise looked more like a crescent moon).  I think next time I will divide the dough in half and experiment with other shapes.  Check out my pictures below and if you tasted it, let me know your thoughts!

Source: The Bread Baker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhart 






Enjoy!
Jessica 

1 comment:

  1. I had never had a stollen until I tried this and yes, it was quite yummy. And a HUGE compliment if Grandpa liked it!

    ReplyDelete