Monday, April 11, 2011

Bucket List: Tamale Pie

Well, I've started.  I made one item from my Kitchen Bucket List - tamale pie.  This was very quick & easy  (but it could be more difficult if you cooked the polenta or made the salsa from scratch).  However, I am thankful I tried this recipe and I can think of ways to change it up already - salsa verde, chicken, pork, etc.

Source: A Couple Cooks - Vegetable Tamale Pie 

Jessica's Notes:
- I used an 8 x 8 dish since I have no 9 x 9 square
- I used only 1 tube of polenta and that was plenty
- I used fire roasted corn and it definitely gave it a kick
- I added in some left over chick peas and results were still delicious
- Of course, I added more cayenne too!

See below for some of my photos!




Enjoy! 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment