Monday, January 31, 2011

Margarita Cookies

This isn't the first use of the KitchenAid - but I the 1st recipe that I actually took pictures.  Please bear with me as I hope my photography skills improve.

Who doesn't love a margarita?  I know I am always down for a little tequila. I found this recipe at Smitten Kitchen - one of my new favorite kitchen blogs.  Deb lives in Manhattan, NY and is an inspiration because she makes wonderful, gourmet food from a tiny kitchen.  She also has some great tips on maximizing the most space in your tiny kitchen - something I have trouble doing.

So, this is her recipe for Margarita Cookies.  I won't post the entire recipe - but here is a link: cookies.
Here are my photos from the recipe journey!


Ingredients: Butter, Confectioner's Sugar, Salt, Flour, Tequila, Grated lime & orange zest, Egg yolk

Getting ready to soften the butter

Before I formed the ball

Spit into 2- just an estimate

Check out all that lime and orange zest!

Rolled in sugar & salt, Cut into cookies using my bench scraper

Try not to eat too much dough

Cooling off before I gobble them down

The recipe states it makes about 50 cookies.  I got around 62 because some of my sizes were off.  A helpful hint: Roll the dough into 4 logs instead of 2 to get equal width.  If you make the recipe, you'll know what I'm talking about. 

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the blog! I bet the cookies are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer so I could reap the benefits of all your baking! The cookies look really good.

    And I really like your blog background!

    ReplyDelete