Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pistachio Cake with Honey Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Family in town = guinea pigs for first attempt at layered cake and homemade frosting.

I choose to make a Pistachio Cake with Honey Vanilla Buttercream Frosting as a dessert to a pizza party attended by my parents and aunt and uncle.  I made the cake on Friday night.  Then I made the frosting and assembled it Saturday to be ready for every one's arrival.

I have to say I was pleased with my first attempt.  I modified the recipe from Pink Parsley Catering from a 3 layer to a 2 layer (mostly because I only had 2 8-inch cake rounds).  That adaptation in combination with an egg white mishap led to cake to be a little on the dense side.  But the frosting!  Oh the frosting!  Thank goodness for the frosting!  It definitely saved the cake and was super delicious!

For the recipe check out:  Josie at Pink Parsley Catering

For my pictures, look below:

I have my eyes on: 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Jessica

1 comment: